5/3/12

Desktop Blues?

So basically the entire concept of this blog rests on the idea that inspiration might be anywhere. Sometimes, though, I feel like I spend most of my "anywhere" time on my computer, which doesn't always lend itself to exciting adventures of inspiration. But there's an easy solution--why not make the very act of popping open my laptop an inspiring experience? We see our desktop wallpapers all the time, so they have a lot of potential to affect us. Yes, I realize that it's just a background, but that doesn't mean it can't brighten your mood or trigger some inspiration!

I haven't even had my laptop for a year yet, so I don't have too many past pics. But the first one I started out with was this beauty:
Just look at that sexy bridge!
It's the Tower Bridge in London! I'd never even heard of the Tower Bridge before, let alone been there, but I can always dig some sweet architecture. Especially bridges for some reason (and doors. Doors are cool), and this one was awesome! Wallpapers are something personal and arbitrary. I don't really have to have a REASON for why this picture spoke to me; it just did.

And now I have my current background which is SO BOSS.

I don't even LIKE tomatoes!

Warhol is one of my all-time faves, and his soup cans always energize me and inspire me and make me think crazy-possibly-creative-but-mostly-crazy thoughts. This background? Not for everyone. Not everyone wants a million colors screaming at them every time they open their laptop. But that's just the point: for me, it's perfect. For you, there's something else that'll give you a little boost whenever you use your computer. Desktop backgrounds are something so easy to forget about; it's called a background for a reason. But with a minimum of effort you can inspire yourself anytime, anywhere (even if that's while you're lounging in bed).

P.S. A glimpse at a possible future desktop background:
Doesn't that just make you want to DO something?
Because I still haven't gotten Tokyo out of my system. And THAT is a picture I could wake up to every morning.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right! I've been changing my desktop background a lot lately and it feels great! Even if you love a picture, you get tired of it after awhile so it's nice to switch things up. And having Darren Criss's smoldering eyes gleam up at you when you open your laptop certainly doesn't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And there are ALWAYS plenty of amazing pictures lurking in some other corner of the Internet. Perfect opportunity for some fresh inspiration--or some fresh eye candy ;)

      Delete